- STICERD will consider applications for grants to fund research and research-related activities from members of the academic staff of the London School of Economics whose continuous employment demonstrates a substantial long-term commitment to the School.
- Support is offered in two main categories:
- Small Grants: including pump-priming projects, topping-up of ongoing projects, and bridging between external grants.
- Conferences: low priority is given to applications for conference funding. Applications in support of conferences to be held at the LSE would receive priority over applications to attend conferences outside LSE.
Please note that STICERD CANNOT consider applications for seminar or workshop funding.
- Applications for funding are normally considered up to a maximum of £5,000. However a small number (2 or 3) of applications exceeding this amount may be funded at each meeting. In no circumstances will applications in excess of £10,000 be considered. Applicants for grants below may wish to indicate how they would spend an additional £5,000 were that to be offered.
For applications from members of STICERD these sums would be exclusive of LSE overheads on staff costs so as to put STICERD applicants on the same basis as other members of the School who do not pay such overheads.
Applications will be considered twice a year at the Lent and Summer term meetings of the Steering Committee.
The deadline for the next round of applications is Monday 6th January 2014.
Please return completed application forms to:
Room 32L 3.06,