||Professor Tony ATKINSON|
Centennial Professor, LSE, and Honorary Fellow, Nuffield College Oxford
Current Research Projects:
- Distribution of income and wealth
- Poverty and the welfare state
- European social agenda
- Global public economics
- Welfare economics
Top incomes over the long run
- European social monitoring
- Incomes in British colonies
- Charitable giving for development
Honours and Titles:
- The changing distribution of earnings in OECD countries.
Oxford: Oxford University Press (2008)
- Social indicators:
The EU and social inclusion.
(with B Cantillon, E Marlier and B Nolan), Oxford: Oxford University Press (2002)
- The economic consequences of rolling back the welfare state.
Cambridge, MA: MIT Press (1999)
- Poverty in Europe.
Oxford: Blackwell (1998)
- Incomes and the welfare state:
Essays on Britain and Europe.
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (1996)
- Public economics in action:
The basic income/flat tax proposal.
Oxford: Oxford University Press (1995)
- Poverty and Social Security.
New York: Harvester Wheatsheaf (1989)
- Lectures on Public Economics.
(with J S Stiglitz) London: McGraw-Hill (1980)
- The Economics of Inequality.
Oxford: Clarendon Press (1975)
- Unequal Shares: Wealth in Britain.
London: Allen Lane (1972)
- Knight, 2000
- Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur, 2001
- Member, European Statistics Governance Advisory Board