||Dr Francesca BORGONOVI|
Analyst, PISA Programme, Indicators and Analysis Division, Education Directorate, OECD and Visiting Fellow, CASE
Fax: +44 (0)20 7955 6951
Current Research Projects:
- The social outcomes of educaton
- Educational indicators
- Causes and consequences of social capital
- Well-being and altruism
- Charitable giving behaviour and volunteering
- Social inequalities
Education and civic outcomes in Europe
- Social capital and health
- The evolution of inequalities in child well-being
- The role of nonprofit fragmentation in explaining giving and volunteering efforts in the United States
- Education, alcohol use and abuse among young adults in Britain.
Social Science and Medicine, forthcoming
- Adversity in childhood and mental health in adulthood: the role of social capital.
(with Carmen Huerta). Social Policy and Society,8(1):99-113 (2009)
- Lower prices improve diversity in the performing arts. Is this true and does it matter?
Journal of Social Policy,37(1):63-79 (2008)
- Divided we stand, united we fall: religious heterogeneity, giving and volunteering.
American Sociological Review,73:105-128 (2008)
- Doing well by doing good. The relationship between formal volunteering and self-reported health and happiness.
Social Science and Medicine,66(11):2321-2334 (2008)
- Do public grants to American theatres crowd-out private donations?
Public Choice,126(3-4):429-451 (2006)